Tuesday, July 27, 2010

One Saturday morning at Rodeo Drive


Kamaal and I went to Rodeo Drive for window shopping last Saturday.

Rodeo Drive is a shopping district famous for designer label and haute couture fashion. The name generally refers to a three-block long stretch of boutiques and shops but the street stretches further north and south.

We were excited to see Miu Miu and D&G F/W collections, but it was a bit too early. They still had S/S and pre-fall collections there.
I thought I would never like CHANEL, but their pre-fall collection was AMAZING!!



CHANEL's pre-fall collection is called "Shanghai"
The Asia inspired design reminded me of Vivienne Tam designs. 







I actually saw this coat at the store and it was my favorite! I was too scared to check the price tag though...

The runway show was done actually in Shanghai. It was one of the most beautiful runway setting I have ever seen.
You can watch the show here.

I recently watched two CHANEL related movies and they were pretty interesting.