Friday, January 28, 2011

Recent Purchase: Cocue Fukubukuro

Fukubukuro (lucky bag, mystery bag?) is a Japanese New Year's Day custom where merchants make grab bags filled with unknown random contents and sell them for a substantial discount, usually 50% or more off the list price of the items contained within. The low prices are usually done to attract customers to shop at that store during the new year.

¥17546 → ¥5000 → ¥3000
* The photo is just an example


Cocue is a Japanese fashion brand whose keywords are Oriental, Ethinc, and Folklore.

I used to wear their clothes when I was a teenager in Japan. They don't make much clothing any more but their shoes and bags are still very popular.

This fukubukuro includes:
 ① a pair of shoes
 ② a purse
 ③ 2-3 accessaries.

The online store had some bags with my shoe size left, plus they were cheaper than their original ¥5000 price.

So I called my mom to expect a package in few days ;)

I won't know what is in it till when I go back to Japan next time or if my mom is kind enough to send me pics!

Some of the bags have boots instead of shoes... that is what I am hoping for!