Saturday, July 3, 2010

Meeting Japan's biggest Harajuku designer ... h. NAOTO !


Naoto Hirooka, better known as h. NAOTO (born 1978) is a Japanese avant-garde fashion designer. h. NAOTOs style of clothing and accessories could be classified under Japanese punk and gothic lolita, and he has been called the "most visible and successful of the labels fixated on that style."
He graduated from Bunka Fashion College in Tokyo, joined S-inc. in 1999, and launched his own brand, h.NAOTO in the Spring/Summer of 2000.

He is the biggest Harajuku fashion designer.
Punk, Goth, Lolita...

  I got to meet the designer!
(me, next to him!!)
He was very nice and I told him that he needs to open a store here in the US.

I bought this T-shirt dress that day.
You can adjust the length of the sides of the dress.

                               
He told me this is the h. NAOTO USA design, which means he designed this piece specially for US. You can buy his USA lines only in the US events!

He even signed his latest catalog for me!

Reads:
L.A. h.Naoto
2010 7.2.
ありがとう (Thank you)
又会いましょう (See you again)

You can check out his 2010 Tokyo Collection Fashion Show here.