Saturday, March 6, 2010

Recent Purchase: Vintage Pyrex Butterprint Cinderella Nesting Bowl Set (Orange)

People who have been to my house know that I only own a few pieces of regular dishes.
Most of my dishes are vintage milk glass which were made from 40s to the 70s.
I discovered my first milk glass cup (which was Vintage Pyrex Oldtown print) in Feb. 2008 and quickly fell in love.
Since then, I have been collecting them little by little.
There are many companies who made this kind of kitchenware including: Fire King, Pyrex, Hazel Atlas, Federal, Glasbake and so on.
They are very popular in Japan.
People in Japan pay a crazy amount of money like $500 for a Fire King Snoopy Mug !!!

Vintage Pyrex Butter Print Cinderella NestingBowl

It is hard to find complete sets of bowls in this mint condition.
Plus the blue color for Butter Print is pretty common but this orange is very rare.
I saw the exact same set of bowls at one of the Japanese online stores and the price was over $200!

My Collection

This is only part of my collection.
I used to buy different colored ones but nowadays I mostly stick with white based ones.